About Me

I am 14 years old . I like playing football and want to
join the football team next year. I am a freshman at Linda Marquez High school (HPIAM). I want to graduate High School and get a good paying job to support my family.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Veterans Day


Veterans Day is a public holiday held on the anniversary of the end of World War I (November 11) to honor US veterans and victims of all wars. This year veterans day lands on Friday, November 11. The purpose of veterans day is to honor military veterans that fought in the war. It is important to continue honoring veterans because it is a way of acknowledging the sacrifices they have made while serving their country.
Some ways you can show respect on Veterans Day are:

  1. Attend a Veterans Day event in your area
  2. There are a plethora of wonderful organizations who offer all manner of support, services and appreciation for our service members.
  3. Veterans Day is a great opportunity to fly the flag
  4. Ask someone about their service
Image result for veterans day

Reflection: I think that celebrating Veterans Day is a good way to show your support and to show your thankful for the men and women who served our country. Not celebrating will show that you are not a proud american. My family and I always celebrate by having a dinner with some veterans we know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment